back when i was a child. 当我还是个小孩子.
before life removed all the innocence. 在生活偷去我所有的纯真之前.
my father would lift me high. 我的父亲会把我高高的举起.
and dance with my mother me and then. 并且与母亲和我一起共舞.
spin me around til i fell asleep. 带着我转啊转圈,直到我沉睡.
then up the stairs he would carry me. 他就会把我抱到楼上.
and i knew 4 sure i was loved. 我确切地知道我是被深爱着的.
if i could get another chance. 如果我能再有机会
another walk. 再与他一起散步.
another dance with him. 再次一起跳舞
id play a song that would never,ever end ! 我会唱一首永远,永远不会结束的歌!
how id love,love,love- 我有多么,多么,多么地下祈望-
to dance with my father again. 再次与我父亲共舞.
when i my mother would disagree. 当我和母亲意见不一时.
to get my way,i would run from her 2 him. 我获得(安慰)的方式就是:我会从她那里奔向他(怀里)
hed make me laugh just 2 comfort me. 他会逗我大笑以使我得到安慰.
then finally make me do just what my mama said. 到最后还会劝我按妈妈说的那样去做.later that night when i was asleep. 那天晚上当我睡着时.
he left a dollar under my sheet. 他在我床单下留了一块钱.
never dreamed that he would be gone from me. 从没想到过他会离开我.
if i could steal one final glance. 如果我能再偷偷看他最后一眼.
one final step. 最后再踏出舞步
one final dance with him. 最后一次与他共舞.
cause id love,love,love- 因为我多么,多么,多么地企望-
sometimes id listen outside her door. 有时我在母亲房门外偷听着.
and id hear how my mother cried 4 him. 我听到她为我父亲失声痛哭.
i pray 4 her even more than me. 我为她祈祷比自己要多.
i know im praying 4 much too much. 我知道我祈求能得到的东西太多太多.
but could u send back the only man she loved ? 你能把她唯一爱的那个人送回来吗?
i know u dont do it usually. 我知道你不会这么做.
but dear lord shes dying. 但亲爱的她是多么想要-
every night i fall asleep this is all i ever dream ! 每个夜晚沉睡的时候,这是我唯一的梦!